Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Time Flies

Time sure does fly at the CNFR. It’s Tuesday afternoon and the two days of slack are in the books and our sights are now set on Round 3.

Since arriving in Casper Saturday night I have been going at full speed. The good news is that the CNFR slows down a little after today.

Through two mornings of slack, 39 bulls were bucked and 11 cowboys managed to ride for the full 8 seconds. Among the qualified riders were once again, LCCC freshman Justin Thomas, making him only one of four riders to cover both bulls thus far. I’m starting to think he will be in Saturday's Championship Round!

From a bullfighter’s perspective, slack went really well. I enjoy working with Al as much as I enjoy working with anyone. Sometimes in this line of work, you end up working with guys who are not team players. Al and I are not those types…our goal is to keep the rider safe no matter who has to step up to the plate.

So far, when called to perform, both of us have done just that. Today was perhaps the biggest test we’ve seen in the arena and once again, we were both ‘Jonny on the spot’ to do our job. Bullrider Luke Dodson was thrown off his bull only to land right in front of it. It was at that moment Al and I moved in to take a shot. ..after all that is what we are paid to do! I was able to jump over the bulls head and land in between it and Luke just in time to take the shot.


I hope you like the photo from the Casper Trib

http://rodeo.trib.com/features/article_723ca242-5bc2-11de-8ae4-001cc4c03286.html

In other CNFR news, look out for the University of Wyoming Women’s Rodeo Team. I’m going to go out on a limb and say they will be the 2009 National Team!

Forever West,
Jeremy