Thursday, July 19, 2007

Flying Sparks

The summer months are always busy for rodeo cowboys. On top of my rodeo schedule, I have started my new Air Force job, searched for a new home, and have been cast for a new TV show.
Tomorrow is the official start of the 111th annual Cheyenne Frontier Days (CFD) western celebration. I’m excited! If you have never witnessed the world’s largest outdoor western celebration, it is a must see. The rodeo is action-packed, the live entertainment features the latest and greatest and then there is shopping and the carnival. Did I mention the Indian Village?

I’m excited for Team Wyoming as well. This will be the first event of the year where you can see every member of Team Wyoming perform! So you’re in for a real treat should you be able to attend. I will be performing July 21-23 and 26-29. This will be the first year in several that I won’t be performing everyday. However, when you learn the reason why, you’ll understand. Trust me it is big news and I will report on it after I return on the 26th. I will tell you this much. It is a once-in-a-lifetime experience and I will be in New York City!

After CFD, I will have a day off and then fly to Santa Barbara, CA for the PBR and PRCA rodeo Aug 1-5. It’s going to be a great event and I will be sure to post from CA as well.

On Aug 6, I will fly home, hook-up my camper and head to a couple of rodeos in my very own Mountain States Circuit. Aug 7-8 I will fight bulls in Yuma, CO followed by a performance in Sterling, CO on Aug 9-10.

Hey, do you know how to eat an elephant? One bite at a time! This rodeo run will be exactly like that - one performance and one bull at a time.

Even though my life is running 90mph right now, there are a lot of great things in the immediate future. Be sure to check back often. I won’t make you wait forever to learn more. But for now, it’s Cheyenne Frontier Days…my favorite rodeo in the world!

Forever West,
Jeremy