Friday, August 10, 2007

On the Road Again




I arrived at DIA just in time to get in my vehicle and head to Cheyenne to pick up my rig and repack for the ProRodeo event in Yuma, CO. I had planned on driving to Yuma that night. However, due to delayed flights, delayed luggage, and dead batteries on my camper I opted to stay in my own bed Monday night and leave early Tuesday morning. It was a 1:30 pm performance so I had to be on the road pretty early.

Buying RV batteries after 9 pm isn't the best idea especially when most stores close at 9 pm! I ended up picking batteries up on the road and making a photo finish into Yuma. When I started hooking my camper up to power, water, etc. I ran into a little trouble with my power cord. Thank God for good samaritians...the Yuma Committee wasted no time fixing my rig while I dressed for the rodeo. I really appreciated all their help. It was a hot one and I sure need that AC.

The rodeo was perhaps the smoothest rodeo I've been to in a while. The bull riding went well and my bullfighting was on que. Congrats to my buddies Clayton Savage and the newest Team Wyoming member, Kanin Asay...they were 1st and 2nd respectively. I really enjoy rodeos in my circuit. Over the years, I've had the pleasure to work all shapes and sizes of rodeos and there's no place I'd rather perform. The Mountain States Circuit has as solid bull riders you can find in the country, and some of my best friends in the world.

After the rodeo, I had plans of fishing and walking over to the concert. However, I opted for some much needed rest. I was in bed by 9 pm and slept until 11am!

The Wednesday performance was held at 7:30 pm and several more good friends had entered in the bullriding event. Like always it was good seeing them and cheering 'em on during their ride. After the rodeo, I showered and broke camp in order to head to Sterling, CO for their PRCA Rodeo. I'm sitting in the Sterling BK as I write this! I was on the road by 11 pm so I made a quick stop for fuel and I was on the road again. I made it here a little after midnight. I didn't even bother unhooking the camper...I just crawled in and passed out!

Well, it's going to be a hot one...I'll write soon and let you know how the rodeo went. If you're near by you might as well come check it out and support Team Wyoming!

Forever West,
Jeremy