Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Can’t Keep a Good Man Down

The CNFR is in full swing. Hopefully you’ve been keeping up via the internet with all the highlights thus far. Several media outlets from across the nation are in Casper to capture just that - the thrills and spills!

Al and I had our work cut out for us Tuesday making it very easy for the media to fill their tapes and cameras. We finished the morning slack performances and returned to the Casper Events Center for the first night performance since the “Bulls and Broncs” event. Al seemed to have a “magnet” on his body as the majority of the action seemed to go his way in the morning slack. I really enjoy fighting bulls with Al and everyone seems to think we make a great team.

Al’s “magnet” found its way to me for the night performance! The first bull out ended up hooking me as I moved in to protect a fallen rider. The bull's horn hit me square on my right knee. It always puts a little scare in you when you take a shot because as we all know, it only takes one shot to be a career ender. Fortunately, I will be fine. The Orthopedics Center of the Rockies staff examined me after the rodeo and found no broken bones or torn ligaments. I’m very thankful.

The soreness did make for a little longer/tougher night but again, Al and I seemed to be flawless in our duo of cowboy protection.

Speaking of tough, Super Bowl Champion and PRCA cowboy Walt Garrison was on hand last night to present the annual Walt Garrison Award. His award is given to a college student who has been selected by peers for demonstrating leadership, sportsmanship, and academic excellence. I always enjoy visiting with Walt and this year was no different. Did you know that Walt once played an entire NFL game with a broken ankle??

The annual CNFR Golf Tournament takes place tomorrow. I’ve competed there the last three years taking second in 2005. I hope my knee feels up to the challenge.

For other news and results regarding the CNFR visit: http://www.cnfr.com/

Forever West,
Jeremy