Monday, June 23, 2008

College Finals Completed

The 2008 CNFR is in the books! Governor and First Lady Freudenthal were in attendance as were many of the founding members of National Intercollegiate Rodeo Association.

I’ve stated previously that the CNFR Championship Round ranks among the best in all of rodeo. Saturday night was no different. I’m always eager to see the talent compete for a national title at such a young age. Believe it or not a lot is on the line for these young adults including thousands of dollars in scholarships.

The electricity was outstanding and the Casper crowd provided an amazing atmosphere to compete in. The bull riding was intense as each of the Top-12 were focused on winning and determined to give their best effort plus a little extra college try.
I was really happy to see my buddy Seth Glause (of Rock Springs, Wyoming) ride his short-go bull and climb to the number 3 spot overall. His ride was flawless and was rewarded with 84 championship points. But my hats off to Montana bull rider Dustin Jenkins as he was the only man to ride all four bulls during the 2008 CNFR and was ultimately crowned the Collegiate World Champion bull rider.

Photographer Wes Mostaert was kind enough to share a few photos he captured of me in action this week. His vantage point for several of his shots was the catwalk some 300 feet above the action.

I can’t compliment Al Sandvold enough for a job well done. Our bullfighting at the CNFR was noted as the highest quality bullfighting the CNFR has seen in recent years. We both already look forward to CNFR 09.

Special thanks go out to the City of Casper for playing host to the CNFR and making me feel so very welcome. Likewise, the Days Inn of Casper - my home away from home the past nine days.

Forever West,
Jeremy