Friday, June 20, 2008

There’ll Be No Golf For You!

Once a year I trade in my bullfighting cleats for golf spikes. I’m no Tiger Woods but I have always enjoyed playing golf at Casper’s Paradise Valley Golf Club during the annual CNFR Golf Tournament.

As blogged previously, I wasn’t too sure if I was up to the challenge this year since I was hooked in my right knee just two days prior. My knee is going to be okay but it can bother me when I’m on it too much. Since youth isn’t on my side anymore I have to use my common sense. My better judgment was to take it easy and avoid twisting and turning my knee on the golf course. It was the first time in my CNFR career that I haven’t competed…bummer!

Although I avoided playing eighteen holes, I couldn’t avoid taking in some of the local Casper attractions. Jamie, Ty (our Black Lab) and I opted for a little fishing. The North Platte River flows right through Casper merely yards from our home away from home so we thought we would give it a try.

Needless to say, very little fishing was done due to the fact Ty couldn’t stay out of the water! I didn’t manage to catch any fish but we all enjoyed being outdoors. The City of Casper has beautiful paved trails which make it very easy to walk, bike, and run along the river. Don’t fear, I still have my fishing gear with me and I’m sure some lucky fish will find its way to my bait before I leave here.

I needed to get cleaned up and ice my knee prior to a 1pm interview with Corey White with Casper K2TV. Our interview will air on K2TV’s Sports Corner and we’ll do our very best to get a link added to the blog ASAP. Corey and I had a nice interview covering topics such as: Wyoming, the US Air Force, the CNFR and more.

Speaking of videos on my blog…a big “thank you” goes out to Lori and all the Wyoming Tourism staff responsible for the recent face-lift of the blogging bullfighter. Now, easier than ever you can find links to all the places I visit, watch videos from interview and more.

My decision to take it easy and fish versus play golf paid off as I was able to fight bulls with very little pain in my knee. Overall, it was an uneventful performance from a bullfighter’s perspective. Al and I could get used to days like that.

Forever West,
Jeremy