Saturday, June 2, 2007

Bullfighter in Yellowstone June 2nd

WOW! Yellowstone National Park is more amazing than one can describe! I hope you enjoy sharing this journey with me as I explore Yellowstone for the first time.

You can read my bio and figure out real fast that the life of a rodeo bullfighter can be quite hectic and dangerous. I've found it important to relax and enjoy the great outdoors when I'm not on the rodeo trail.

Some of you may be now introduced to rodeo and bullfighting for the first time. So for any new fans, bullfighting can be compared to a "Hit Man." During the bull riding event, riders are required to stay aboard the bucking bovine for 8 seconds using only one hand, as they hold a flat braided rope for dear life. When dealing with unpredictable animals it is important to have safety measures in place for the rider’s protection. Many people refer to bullfighters as "Cowboy Proctors" or "Cowboy Lifesavers" for that reason...as bullfighters risk life and limb for the rider’s protection.

Many times that involves a bull actually running over us for the rider to make a safe get away...or even having to jump onto the bulls back to free a riders hand should he become trapped.

Now for the fun stuff!

















In 2007 I was fortunate to be invited to join the Wyoming Tourism team of professional rodeo cowboys. As you know, Wyoming is famous for its western lifestyle and plethora of rodeo events state-wide. As an endorsed athlete, it is my main objective to help promote Wyoming Tourism while traveling the rodeo circuit world-wide. Thanks to Wyoming, Yellowstone and their managing partner Xanterra, I am getting a first class trip in Yellowstone.

I’m in route to fight bulls for the 3rd time at the College National Finals held in Casper, Wyoming, June 10-16. It's a premier event featuring the very best rodeo athletes in the National Intercollegiate Rodeo Association. Until then, I am relaxing with my mom and dad as we take in all Yellowstone has to offer!

June1, 2007 - We left pretty early from Cheyenne, Wyoming, in order for me to arrive in Cody, Wyoming, for the re-release of the authentic Yellow Bus Tour. The Yellow Buses earned their place in history as they were the primary means of seeing Yellowstone in the early days of automotives. Ford Motors have completely restored 6 of the original Yellow Buses and they have now been re-introduced as a means of exploring the park. It was a neat experience to ride in a Yellow Bus on their release day and feel the clean, cool mountain air as we headed to the Cody Nite Rodeo with the top down!


Cody, Wyoming, is home of the longest running open rodeo in the country. The rodeo runs every day from June through August. I was a special guest at the rodeo and was delighted to arrive via the Yellow Bus. Trust me; Pimp My Ride couldn't have done a better job restoring these classics. I was accompanied by several dignitaries including the Director for Wyoming Tourism, members from the Cody Chamber of Commerce, writers for various tourism magazines and the PR Director for Xanterra.

I signed autographs for a while after the rodeo and then headed back to Wapiti, Wyoming, where we had previously set up camp.
We woke up this morning (June 2, 2007) around 8am and left for Yellowstone. It's the prettiest 30 miles I have ever traveled. We were greeted by a great staff and were shown to our camp site at Fishing Bridge. We are located in the woods and I even had to sign a paper stating I understood Bear and Wolves frequented our camp site!
We spent a few hours in the park today. It was thrilling! I probably said "that's cool" a thousand times! Everything here is amazing. You must see it to believe it. Right when we entered the park, we saw 6 Big Horn Sheep; within the first hour here we had seen Grizzly Bear's, Elk, Buffalo and a Wolf!

Other "cool" things we visited were "Dragons Mouth" and Yellow Stone Canyon. Dragons Mouth is hard to describe, but I will try...there's a frenzy of action beneath the water! That action along with various minerals and water causes an explosion of sorts and boiling water erupts, splashing vigorously!

Tomorrow (June3, 2007) we are being treated to a private tour of Yellowstone. Be sure to check back tomorrow night as I will share my findings.
Yellowstone is amazing. A site everyone must witness first hand.
It stirs emotions and connects one to Mother Earth as our Native American brothers and sisters must have felt when they too took in these spectacular sights and wonderful wildlife.

Forever West,

Jeremy