Sunday, July 20, 2008

Always Moving!!

Cheyenne Frontier Days is officially underway. It has been a whirlwind ride so far and we have only just begun.

The interviews I previously blogged about went really well. I’d like to thank Denver 7 and Fox 31 for their generosity and sharing my story. It was an early morning but well worth it.

I woke up at 5am and was on the road by 6am. I was scheduled for Fox 31 “Good Day Colorado” show at 8am so I needed to hit the ground running in order to beat the morning traffic. I fueled up in Cheyenne before heading south. To my dismay ten miles into the trip I realized I had forgotten the video footage they had requested so I had to return home in order to pick it up. Good news is I made it.

There was a break between the morning news interview and my taping for Denver 7. I crashed at a friends’ house just outside Denver. It’s always better to visit and laugh with good friends than it is to walk the mall.

At 1:30pm I headed back into Denver to start the taping. It was a fun interview and allowed me the opportunity to promote Wyoming and explain the role of a bullfighter. Perhaps you were able to catch it both Friday and Saturday on the 10 o’clock news.

Big thanks go out to Steve Kelley and his Fox 31 team as well as the entire Denver 7 Sports crew. Also, congratulations to my good friend Anne Trujillo of Denver 7 for earning the Emmy for Denver’s Best News Anchor!

Be sure to check back as we work to upload interviews.

Well I arrived back into Cheyenne just in time to make a promo appearance at the Wyoming Tourism booth located near the CFD Ticket Office. Don’t miss your chance to stop by and learn more about Wyoming and get your free Chris LeDoux Tribute DVD.

From there I met up with Jamie it was on to a CFD reception. It’s always a treat to visit with the many people who play a large part in making CFD the greatest outdoor rodeo. Among those in attendance were legendary stock contractor Harry Vold and his wife Karen.

There is no rest for the weary and that is certainly the case for me right now. Jamie and I walked through the night show just long enough for me to get a headache. That was the end of the night for me. We returned home and doctored my headache so I could be better for the first of nine PRCA rodeo performances.

The next morning (19 July) it was off to the CFD Parade at 9:30am. If you want to see a parade, the CFD Parade is a must. There are horses, wagons, Indians, queens, antique vehicles, bands, military troops and so much more. Good news is, there are three more parades (22, 24, 26 July) so you can be sure to get in on the action.

From the parade we headed to Frontier Park to get ready for the rodeo. Fighting bulls with me this year are NFR bullfighter Darrel Diefenbach and world champion Mike Matt. It’s always good to get the first performance under your belt. The first one went well and I hope for eight more just like that! Congrats to Wyoming native Clayton Savage for turning in the high marked ride of the day scoring 87 points.

P.s. - Happy Birthday Jamie!

Forever West,
Jeremy