Saturday, July 26, 2008

Tough Enough To Wear Pink


The odds were stacked against me today as I had to fight bulls in the mud and unusual humidity created by yesterday's rain shower. Add that to the fact I was wearing a new pink jersey in support of Wrangler's Tough Enough To Wear Pink (TETWP)campaign and you have just the right mix for a potential hooking!

2008 marks the fourth year Wrangler has donated money for each contestant wearing pink on such designated TETWP performances. I would guess more than half of the cowboys competing today participated in this great event. I will try to get you the amount raised by CFD cowboys ASAP. I will venture to say that amount will be in the thousands.

Prior to the performance, Cheyenne’s CBS 5 reporter Alex Hannum interviewed me regarding the program. Be sure to check out the full TETWP interview at CBS5.

Speaking of good deeds, Locks of Love an organization which accepts donated hair in order to create wigs for children fighting cancer received a donation today that was certainly unplanned!

CFD Barrelman Cody Soesbee has been growing his hair out for over a year now. His hair had reached the minimum requirement to donate and it was getting hard to recognize him being his typical hairdo is similar to an Airman’s. Well today, front and center at CFD arena I arranged for Cody to get a surprise haircut courtesy of none other than myself! It was certainly entertaining as I tried my best to shave his head. He got away from me before I shaved him completely bald…but not before I could leave him with a nice Mohawk! He’s not ready to enter active duty but he did get a free haircut and Locks of Love will be receiving a donation.

As for the bullriding it wasn’t too bad. 2008 College National Finals qualifier Brent Menz made a good bull ride hanging on for the required eight seconds but it’s current World Champion Wesley Silcox who holds the second round lead with an 88 score.

Despite the odds being stacked against me with the mud and my new TWTWP jersey I managed to walk away in one piece.

It’s hard to think that we are on the downhill side of the 2008 Cheyenne Frontier Days but a lot of action will take place in these last few days so make sure you keep checking in with the Blogging Bullfighter for a first hand look at CFD.


Forever West,

Jeremy